Will I qualify for reduced fees?
Will I qualify for reduced fees?
Will I qualify for reduced fees?

When you have decided which course you would like to do, drop in to speak to Student Services. You may qualify for reduced fees through accessing our 19+ Discretionary Learning Support Fund. We assess each application individually and will confirm whether your application has been successful or not as quickly as possible.

What is the Discretionary Learning Support Fund?

The Discretionary Learning Support Fund is limited and your application will be assessed in order of date received. Your application for reduced fees is completed during enrolment if you:

  • Are enrolled on an accredited course (our Learning Clubs do not qualify for reduced fees)
  • Are over 19 years of age on 31 August 2020
  • Have a household income below £25,000 per year Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is ignored when assessing disabled students’ income in relation to Discretionary Learner Support)
  • Meet the residency requirements for courses funded by the Skills Funding Agency

Attendance and behaviour must be acceptable throughout the course, otherwise funding may be withdrawn.

How to access this fund

To access this fund simply bring along evidence of your earnings (e.g. last 3 wage slips or P60) and/or your benefits (most recent Department of Work and Pensions or Job Centre Plus letter). An assessment will be made of all household income, the number of people in a household and any other information you feel it is important for us to know.

All information is treated in the strictest confidence and will be used only for the purpose of processing your application.

Making an application

You can complete an  online application or can collect a form directly from Student Services based in the Foyer Building. Forms will also be available during enrolment. Student Services will support you to make your application and give any further information for other financial support you may be entitled to. Completed application forms and evidence of eligibility must be submitted to Student Services.