Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills. They inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people, and those providing education and skills for learners of all ages. The results of every inspection are published on Ofsted's website http://www.ofsted.gov.uk .
Ofsted praises Outstanding personal development of adult learners
Ofsted inspected the service, which offers a wide range of high quality academic and community learning courses across Wolverhampton, between 26 and 29 November 2019.
Inspectors highlighted the following in particular, during the inspection:
- Teachers, managers, staff and students worked exceptionally well together
- Safe, inclusive and welcoming environment experienced
- Well planned and delivered curriculum directly aligned with City and Regional needs and priorities
- Highly skilled workforce who exhibit high expectations and aspirations for the Service and students
- Excellent teaching, learning and assessment observed and experienced
- Students placed on right courses at the right level and well prepared for their next steps
- Students highly motivated to learn, respectful and supportive of each other and staff
- Well- resourced teaching rooms with industry standard equipment
- Safety, safeguarding and wellbeing are high priorities
- High achievement rates
- Teachers know their learners very well and skilfully provide the support individual learners need. As a result, learners make good progress towards their future goals.
- Teachers use their subject expertise well to teach lessons that engage learners and deepen their understanding.
- Good and effective partnerships
- The health and well-being of both learners and staff is a high priority
- Thorough initial advice and guidance and preparation for next steps
Official Ofsted Report
To read everything that Ofsted had to say about us please click here
Councillor Dr Michael Hardacre, the City of Wolverhampton Council’s Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, said: “This is an absolutely wonderful report which shows the great care, compassion and dedication of the Adult Education Wolverhampton and its staff to the improvement of people in our city.
We are very proud of the quality of service that we offer and the outcomes our students achieve. Our overall pass rate for adults at 94% is well above that of similar organisations. Our overall achievement rate for adults is 90%. Our students were asked if they would recommend Adult Education Wolverhampton and 98% said that they would recommend us to others.