Adult Education Wolverhampton are aware that this pandemic has hit everyone hard and our health and mental wellbeing has been affected. Having good mental health is an important part of helping us relax, enjoy our lives and reach our goals. Not seeing loved ones and having to stay inside has created difficulties for a lot of us. Finding a balance between work, education and family life when working and learning from home using a laptop or computer can be difficult and can have an impact on our mental and physical health.
Adult Education Wolverhampton and the City of Wolverhampton Council are keen to highlight a number of resources available to everyone to provide some hints and tips on how to look after your health and mental wellbeing during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Some of the useful hints and tips include:
- Staying in touch with friends and family that you trust is important when you are cut off from the rest of the world. Stay connected to friends and family through social media platforms and phone calls.
- It is normal to feel worried or scared but it helps to talk about our concerns. If you cannot speak to someone you know, speak to your teachers or colleagues or click on the links below for organisations that can help.
- Supporting others can sometimes bring a sense of achievement. There are many local community groups and organisations that need volunteers. Follow the links below to find out more.
- It may be the last thing on your mind right now but ensuring you look after your body and moving more is essential to helping you feel good and provide a sense of wellbeing. Try and eat a well-balanced diet, drink enough water and exercise regularly. There are a number of short and free online workouts available to choose from if you need that extra push.
- Try and stay on top of your feelings and if things get too much talk to a friend, organisation or try to focus on the things you have control over. Why not start a new hobby such as knitting, reading, walking or learn something new. Check out our website aes.wolverhampton.gov.uk for more learning ideas.
- Make sure you keep to a good sleep routine. Limit screen time before bed, make sure you don’t have any caffeine and create a restful environment.