Things may feel hard right now but these are unusual times and things will get better. Remembering to practise self-care helps us to cope when things feel difficult and uncertain. Why not give some of the following tips a try:
Explore ways you can keep in touch with people.
- Using technology like zoom, skype or WhatsApp to have a video chat
- Phone someone
- Write a letter or postcard
- Plan to talk about something you have watched, read or listen to
- Listen to a chatty radio station or podcast
Look after your physical health. Eat regularly, drink water throughout the day and try to build in some exercise. This will help you sleep better too.
- Sit down less
- Clean the house
- Put on music and dance
- Dress up warm and go for a walk
- Ride a bike or go for a run
- Follow an online fitness video
Learning new skills can help distract you from how you are feeling.
- Try a new hobby
- Cook new recipes
- Read a book
- Start a new course
- Do a crossword
Take time to enjoy the moment and the environment around you.
- Get outside and look at nature
- Sit by a window and get natural light
- Be aware of your own feelings
Taking an interest in helping others can help your wellbeing
- Thank people
- Do something nice for someone
- Volunteer your time