Do you enjoy working with children and young people supporting them to develop and learn new things?Want to work in a nursery or a school but don’t want to teach? A job as a nursery or classroom assistant could be just what you’re looking for.
You could work in a nursery, primary or secondary school. The roles are varied and you need to be adaptable.
If you are interested in exploring a career working with children, one of our short programmes will provide you with knowledge of basic child development and the skills to work with children.
Childcare courses at Level 1 and 2 will help you to further develop the skills you will need to work with pre-school children and as a nursery assistant. You will be invited to a skills check to make sure you are on the right course at the right level. You will need a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
Why work in Childcare?
Working in Childcare is extremely rewarding. There are a range of career paths available based in nurseries, children’s centres, private day nurseries, schools or as a home based child minder. You will help children to develop communication skills and care for their physical and emotional needs.
Childcare Entry Level
This course provides an introduction to the key aspects of caring for a child. It will develop the basic skills needed to care for a baby or young child. There is a choice of units from Setting a Routine through to Healthy Lifestyles and the Importance of Play and Learning.
Childcare Level 1
If you are interested in finding out about working with children, then our Award in Caring for Children may be for you. This course provides an introduction to the key aspects of caring for children for those students who wish to develop the relevant skills and knowledge that you need for working with children.
It is suitable for students who would like to gain a qualification which will give them a better insight into working with children. It has been designed to:
• Provide the practical skills and knowledge required to work in the Children and Young People’s Workforce sector
• Introduce you to a wide range of topics including communication with children, engaging through activities, supporting learning and planning for the care of children’s physical and emotional needs
• Provide opportunities for progression to the Level 2 Certificate and other related qualifications in the sector
Early Years Practitioner Level 2
This course is for those who work, or who want to work in a wide range of Early Years settings with 0-5 year olds. Examples include Childminders, Day Nurseries, Play groups, crèches, in schools in the Early Years Foundation Stage (nursery or reception class).
It has been designed to:
- provide the practical skills and knowledge required to work in the Early Years workforce sector.
- provide an awareness of the range of jobs and work settings in this sector
- encourage students to reach a level of knowledge and skills that will enable progress into further vocational learning or to potential employment in the sector, whilst introducing them to the discipline of the working environment
- provide opportunities for progression to the Level 3 Early Years Practitioner and other related qualifications in the sector
Do you offer a childcare courses near me?
We offer childcare courses in Wolverhampton. The great transport links mean that if you are based in surrounding areas such as Walsall, Telford or Stafford we may be the perfect choice for you.